My Latest Luxury Airline Review:
This post contains affiliate links to products I use and love. Thanks for supporting me!
How I Paid:
70,000 KrisFlyer Miles + $60 transferred from Citi ThankYou
What you need to know –
1. Singapore Airlines only lets you redeem miles for their A380 First Class through their KrisFlyer program.
2. The new A380 Suites are usually only available for redemptions at a Standard award level, as opposed to the usual Saver. This means redemptions are expensive, so it’ll likely take a new credit card signup bonuses before you can redeem for this incredible product.
The quickest and easiest way to earn a bunch of Citi ThankYou miles is through one of my all-time favorite credit cards, the Citi ThankYou Premier Mastercard. I signed up for this card back in January 2017 when the sign-up bonus was only 40,000 miles, but I earned over 80,000 in total due to the generous reward bonuses, so I had enough to redeem for this flight.
- 50,000 miles sign-up bonus after $4000 spend in first 3 months of membership
- Waived first-year annual fee
- 3x points on ALL travel-related expenses, including gas
- 2x points on dining and entertainment all around the world
- 1x points on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
American Express Membership Rewards points are also transferrable to KrisFlyer, making them one of the world’s easiest airline miles to earn. This card offers a 20,000 point sign-up bonus via my referral link, so together with the Citi ThankYou Premier, you’re already up to 70,000!
- 20,000 points sign-up bonus after $1000 spend in first 3 months of membership
- 3x points at US supermarkets, 2x points at US gas stations and 1x points on other purchases
- 50% extra points per month when you make 30+ transactions on your card
How To Book
As I mentioned, you need to book these awards through Singapore Airlines’ KrisFlyer program. The first step you’ll want to take is to create a KrisFlyer account. This is necessary before you can search award space.
- Step 1: First you want to select “Redeem flights” and enter your travel details in the search on their website.
- Step 2: When you click search, the website will prompt you to log in to KrisFlyer.
- Step 3: Look at the award options and check other dates if necessary.
Preferably you’ll want to find an option without the “waitlist” text, as you can see above. In some cases, you can waitlist your award, but it’s usually safer to buy a confirmable ticket since waitlist tickets might not clear.
- Step 4: Call Singapore Airlines and try to get them to hold the award for you. You might have to hang up and call again until you get a willing agent.
- Step 5: Transfer miles from your credit card to your KrisFlyer account (after putting the award on hold) and monitor your balance until they appear. Then confirm your booking and you’re good to go!
Where do they fly?
Do a quick Google search to find the current new Suites destinations and corresponding flight numbers. As of July 2018, the new Suites do not fly to the US.